Sizzling lemony chicken and potatoes
- 4 small potatoes, peeled, 1cm dice
- 500g chicken breasts
- 1 tbsp plain flour
- 1 tbsp butter
- 20ml (1 tbsp) olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 125ml (1/2 cup) white wine
- 1 lemon, zest and juice
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 100g baby spinach
- 1 tbsp parsley, chopped
Boil potatoes for 8 minutes or until tender. Drain.
Slice chicken into long strips and place between two sheets of cling wrap. Pound with a rolling pin or mallet until very thin. Tear into small pieces. Dust lightly in seasoned flour.
Melt butter and oil in a large frypan. Add chicken and cook for a couple of minutes, shaking pan. Add garlic and potatoes and continue shaking pan. Pour in wine and allow it to bubble up and reduce for approximately 1 minute.
Add lemon zest and peas and continue sizzling for another minute. Finally, add lemon juice, spinach and parsley and cook until spinach has just wilted.
Find more chicken recipes:
- Amazing roast chicken
- Apricot chicken with parsley
- Asian chicken noodles
- Caramelized apple and cheese-stuffed chicken breasts
- Chicken fried rice
- Cheat's chicken biryani
- Chicken and cheese pasta bake
- Chicken garlic schnitzel
- Chicken and pumpkin risotto
- Chicken and sugar snap stir fry
- Chicken and vegetable pie
- Chicken bacon and mushroom fettucine
- Chicken balls
- Chicken risotto
- Chicken satay skewers
- Crispy chicken thighs with rosemary and potatoes
- Easy chicken casserole
- Easy Chinese lemon chicken
- If you don't want to use wine, a little light chicken stock would do the job.
- Leave out the potatoes and serve the dish with pasta or rice.
- Recipe by Greer Worsley, a working mum whose desire to make and bake things has grown in inverse proportion to the amount of spare time she has since her three gorgeous girls came along. Her blog is typically red.