Slow cooker prawn and asparagus risotto
- 1 1/2 cups arborio rice
- 1 tin (400ml) tomato puree
- 500ml chicken stock
- 400g pkt frozen peeled prawns
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 bunch asparagus, sliced finely
- 1 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1/2 tsp chicken stock powder
- Juice of a lemon
Place arborio rice, tomato puree and chicken stock into the slow cooker. Cook on high for 1 hour.
Add chopped garlic, prawns and a good squeeze of lemon juice into the slow cooker and cook on low for 1 hour.
Add half the cheese and chicken stock powder and stir and cook on high for another 30 mins.
Stir through remaining cheese and serve with a lemon wedge on the side.
Related risotto recipes
- Prosciutto pea and parmesan risotto
- Seafood risotto
- Asparagus risotto with chorizo chips
- Pumpkin and mozarella risotto
- Pumpkin and mozarella risotto balls
- Chicken and pea risotto
- This is a great way to cook risotto without standing and stirring at the stovetop.
- The lemon in this dish really picks up the seafood flavours.
- This recipe was created by Jennifer Cheung for Kidspot, New Zealand’s best recipe finder.