Speedy pasta bascaiola
- 1tb olive oil
- 2 rashers bacon sliced/diced
- 1 onion, finely diced ¼ tsp black pepper
- 10-12 medium mushrooms, sliced
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 3/4 cup cream (you could use evaporated milk, but it will need thickening with 1/2 tsp cornflour)
- ¼ cup finely grated parmesan
- Pasta of choice (ravioli, fettucine, spiralli etc.) – about 5 cups cooked.
Put water on to boil to cook your pasta, if you have none leftover.
In a deep frypan, heat oil and add bacon, onion, garlic and pepper. Sauté until soft.
Add wine, then mushrooms, continue to fry until soft.
Add cream/evaporated milk mixed with cornflour, wait to thicken, and then turn the heat down or off.
Add pasta and parmesan, sprinkle with parsley and combine well. Serve!
- This is the perfect dinner for a case of Monday-itis!
- This recipe is actually my mum’s – I may have fiddled with it a little bit – but this is how I remember it and my kids love it too.
- This recipe was created by Melissa Klemke for Kidspot, New Zealand’s best recipe finder.