Spicy beef and rice fajitas
- 1 cup rice
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 3 tablespoons barbecue sauce
- 2 tablespoons chilli sauce
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 500 grams beef, cut into strips
- 250 grams quatered cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 400 grams corn kernals, rinsed and drained
- 1 diced Lebanese cucumber, diced
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- olive or canola oil spray
- 1 sliced red onion, sliced
- 1 red capsicum, deseeded and sliced
- 200 button mushrooms, sliced
- 1 tablespoon jalapeno chillies, chopped
- 2 tabelspoons fresh coriander leaves
- 12 flour tortillas
- 12 lettuce leaves, to serve
- taco sauce to serve
Cook rice according to packet instructions
Combine garlic, sauces, spices and beef in a plastic bag. Shake to evenly coat meat.
Refrigerate for 15-30 minutes to marinate.
Meanwhile, to make a salsa, combine tomatoes, corn, cucumber and lemon juice in a small bowl.
Spray a non-stick frypan with oil and cook onion, capsicum and mushrooms over medium-high heat until soft.
Add meat and cook until browned. Stir through chillies and coriander.
Heat tortillas in microwave on HIGH for 30-60 seconds or until warm and flexible.
To assemble fajitas, line tortillas with lettuce, top with meat mixture, salsa and taco sauce and roll up. Serve with rice.