Spicy beef pizza recipe
- 20ml (1 tbsp) olive oil
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 bunch coriander
- 1 tbsp ground coriander
- 1 tbsp ground cumin
- 600g beef mince
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup almond meal
- 1 lemon, rind grated
- 1 tsp salt
- 4 lebanese (pita) breads
- 250ml (1 cup) natural Greek yoghurt
- 1/2 Spanish onion, finely sliced
- 20ml white wine vinegar (1 tbsp)
- 1/2 tsp salt, extra1 punnet grape tomatoes, halved
- 20ml olive oil, extra (1 tbsp)
In a frypan, heat olive oil and add onions and garlic. Cook over gentle heat for 5-6 minutes until translucent. Finely chop coriander roots and stems, setting leaves aside. Add to onion mix. Add ground spices and stir for 2 minutes. Transfer mixture to a bowl and allow to cool.
Preheat oven to 240°C conventional or 220°C fan-forced. Line a tray with baking paper.
Combine cooled onion mixture with mince, egg, almond meal, lemon rind, salt and pepper. Place a quarter of the mixture on each pita bread and spread to edges, pressing flat with the back of a spoon. Bake for 8-10 minutes, checking meat has cooked through and bread is crispy. Repeat with other breads.
Meanwhile, combine sliced Spanish onion with vinegar and salt and leave for a couple of minutes. Just before serving, combine with tomatoes, olive oil and reserved coriander leaves.
Slice pizzas into quarters or eighths. Top with yoghurt and a big handful of onion salad. Serve with lemon wedges.
Related pizza recipes
- Gluten free tomato and salami pizza
- Grilled pizza delight
- Noughts and crosses pizzas
- Party pizza
- Pizza fingers
- Pizza pinwheels
- Roast vegetable pizzas
- Sweet potato pizzas
- Pizza pops
- Turkish bread pizzas
- For very fine lemon zest, use a Microplane grater.
- If you or your children have nut allergies, replace the almond meal with half a cup of breadcrumbs.
- Recipe by Greer Worsley, a working mum whose desire to make and bake things has grown in inverse proportion to the amount of spare time she has since her three gorgeous girls came along. Her blog is typically red.