Strawberry and orange icy pops
Makes 4 icy pops
- 1 punnet strawberries, rinsed, topped and halved
- 1 tbsp of raw caster sugar
- 1 large orange, peeled and diced, seeds removed
- 6 dates
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
You will also need:
- Plastic popsicle moulds
Put strawberries into a shallow container and sprinkle with the raw caster sugar. Leave the strawberries to macerate for 30 minutes.
Place macerated strawberries along with the orange, dates and vanilla into a saucepan over medium heat, and stir until gently bubbling. Turn the heat down to low and allow the mixture to stew for 10 minutes. Take off the heat and set aside to cool for another 10 minutes.
Transfer mixture to a blender and blend well.
Pour evenly into popsicle moulds and freeze overnight, or until set.
Find more frozen treat recipes:
- Chocolate ice cream pudding
- Homemade chunky monkey ice cream
- Homemade cookies and cream ice cream
- Ice cream cookie crunch
- Angel ice-creams
- Strawberry ice cream
- Snickers hot fudge sundae
- Ice-cream sandwiches
- Bananas in Pyjamas
- Homemade chocolate paddlepops
- Frozen fruit slushies
- Get the kids on board and allow them to help peel, chop, blend and pour (if they have a steady hand!)
- To remove the frozen treats from the popsicle moulds, run the bottom of each mould under hot water whilst very gently jiggling the stick. If the icy pop does not budge, keep running under hot water. Don't jiggle too hard or the icy pop will break into pieces or the stick will come out minus the ice block!
- This recipe was created by Katie Rainbird for Kidspot, Australia's best recipe finder. You can follow Katie at Katie180.