Super healthy banana chia smoothie
- 1 banana (medium)
- 2 tbs rolled oats
- 1 tsp chia seeds
- 5 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup natural yoghurt
- 1 tsp honey
- 3/4 cup light milk
Place all ingredients into a blender and blend for about 90 seconds.
Find related drink recipes
- Baby’s first smoothie
- Banana smoothie
- Banana smoothie with Milo
- Fruit smoothie for toddlers
- Healthy strawberry smoothie
- Malted honey and apricot smoothie
- Strawberry and banana smoothie
- Smoothies are a wonderful way of getting picky brekkie eaters to drink up and eat something really healthy. And don’t worry about it not being filling enough, this yummy recipe has oats and chia seeds to keep them going. Also fantastic for brekkie on the run for you too or an afternoon snack.
- This smoothie really is a powerhouse of health. Bananas are high in potassium, tryptophan, B6, Vitamin C, manganese and fibre. Chia seeds are a super superfood packed with iron, potassium, vitamin C, fibre, omega 3 and protein. And of course, milk and yoghurt give you a boost of calcium. You’ll be happy and healthy with strong bones all morning long!
- This recipe was created by Jay Rogers for Kidspot, New Zealand’s best recipe finder.