Upside down blueberry cheesecakes
- 1 1/2 cups frozen blueberries
- 1 cup (220g) caster sugar
- 1/2 medium lemon, juiced
- 2 x 250g pkt cream cheese
- 1 tsp vanilla bean paste
- 3 tsp gelatine
- 300ml cream, whipped
- 180g ginger nut biscuits
Place blueberries in a small saucepan with 1/3 cup caster sugar and lemon juice and cook over gentle heat for 3 minutes or until sugar has dissolved and berries are syrupy. Set aside to cool.
Beat together remaining sugar with cream cheese and vanilla. Place gelatine and 2 tablespoons of boiling water in a small bowl and whisk to dissolve the gelatine. Add to the cream cheese mixture and beat well. Fold through whipped cream.
Spoon blueberry mixture into the base of 6 small jars or glasses. Top with cream cheese mixture. Cover jars with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least two hours.
Just prior to serving, remove cheesecakes from the fridge. Place biscuits in a resealableåÊbag and bash with a rolling pin to break up. Sprinkle generously on the top of each cheesecake and serve.
- Frozen blueberries are absolutely fine in this recipe but you could use fresh if in season.
- For a really professional presentation, try piping the cream cheese mixture into the jars with a piping bag and large nozzle.
- This recipe was created for Kidspot, New ZealandÛªsåÊbest recipeåÊfinderåÊby Greer Worsley, who blogs atåÊTypically Red.