- 15g butter
- 1 pack LeaderBrand Pure’n Ezy Baby Beets, cut into wedges
- 1 red onion, finely sliced
- 1 Tbsp brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp fresh thyme leaves
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 50g feta, crumbled
- Fresh mint leaves, to serve
Preheat the oven to 200°C.
Melt the butter in an oven proof, non-stick 19cm frying pan, over medium-high heat. Sweat off the onion then stir in the beetroot for 2 minutes. Add the sugar, vinegar and thyme. Season and stir for 2 minutes, or until the mixture thickens.
Arrange the beetroot mix evenly over the base of the pan.
Trim the pastry into a 24cm disk, lie the pastry over the beetroot, and fold in the sides. Put the tart in the oven to bake for 20 minutes, or until puffed and golden.
Set aside for 5-10 minutes to cool, then turn out onto a plate. Sprinkle with feta and mint.
- Beetroot, prawn, farro salad
- Chicken and broccoli pasta bake
- Apple and zucchini muffins
- Balsamic roast vegetable salad