Cups and saucers
- 12 round iced biscuits, ie Griffins Hundreds & Thousands
- 12 marshmallows
- 12 freckles
- 6 musk lifesavers
- 1 tablespoon icing sugar
Mix icing sugar with just enough water to make a stiff paste. Place biscuits, coloured side up, (the saucers) on a workbench.
Spread some icing on the base of the marshmallows (the cups) and stick to the biscuits. Spread icing on the base of the freckles and stick to the top of the marshmallow (the cappuccino top).
Cut lifesavers in half, spread a little icing on the two cut surfaces of each half and stick to the side of each cup (the handles!). Leave to set for at least 30 minutes. Really too cute for words.
- My kids were so excited making these – really easy and fun. Great to take apart as you are eating them too!
- Don’t overdo it with the icing, just enough to stick the pieces together. We had to keep sticking the handles on until the icing started to set.
- Many thanks to my friend Sona (aka birthday party guru) for this idea.
- Recipe created by Melissa Hughes for Kidspot.