Stained glass window sandwiches
- 12 slices of fresh bread
- apricot, raspberry, blackberry or blueberry jam
- peanut butter
- butter or margarine
- shape cutters (e.g. circles, stars, hearts, people)
Shape cutters (e.g. circles, stars, hearts, people)
Remove crusts from bread.
Spread six slices of the bread with spreads of choice.
Use butter or margarine to make sure the sprinkles stick.
Cut shapes from the centre of remaining six slices of bread and place on top.
Match up cut out shapes to make little sandwiches.
Serve on a large tray for maximum impact!
- Couldn’t be simpler and look fantastic.
- Also a great idea to make boring lunchbox sandwiches a bit more interesting!
- My son was “huge bored” this week, priceless, but these sandwiches received a “WOW”.
- Recipe created by Melissa Hughes for Kidspot.