Apple, mango and almond crumble
- 1 tin (800g) pie fruit, apple
- 1 tin (800g) mango, sliced
- 3 tbsp brown sugar
- 50g butter
- 1 cup (110g) almonds, flaked
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup of plain flour
- 1 1/2 cups rolled oats
- 250g butter, chopped
Preheat the oven to 180°C.
In a mixing bowl, place sifted flour, brown sugar and rolled oats. Rub through the chopped butter until it resembles crumbs. Mix in flaked almonds and set aside.
In a heavy-based saucepan, heat the mango, apple, 50g of butter and 3 tbsp of brown sugar. Gently toss until sugar and butter is melted and all ingredients are heated through.
Pour into a baking dish and spread the crumble mix evenly over the fruit.
Bake for 20-25 mins making sure that the almonds aren’t burning at the half-way mark.
Serve warm with cream or ice-cream.
Related dessert recipes
- Apple and hazelnut crumble
- Apple and blackberry crumble
- Bread and butter pudding
- Butterscotch self saucing pudding
- Chocolate self-saucing pudding
- Easy pear cobbler
- This crumble is really made special by those flaked almonds. When they come out of the oven all golden brown, they have a toasty flavour and a pleasing crunch.
- I love to throw this crumble into the oven after I serve dinner. It’s always ready just in time for when my kids ask “Is there dessert, Mum?”
- This recipe was created by Jennifer Cheung for Kidspot, New Zealand’s best recipe finder.