Aunt Carolines tuna salad
- 1 x 425g can of tuna, drained
- 3 ripe tomatoes, roughly diced
- 5 sweet spiced gherkins, diced
- mayonnaise to bind
Drain the tuna well and place in a mixing bowl. use a fork to break it into chunks.
Toss in the diced tomoato and gherkins.
Add enough mayonnaise to bind the salad.
Mix through well.
- This is super-simple to make and tastes fantastic!
- My aunt Caroline used to make this for me and my cousins when I was a kid and I thought it was the last word in sophistication.
- Because there are so few ingredients, it’s really important to use good ones – splurge on a good tin of tuna like John West or Sirena.
- Don’t be tempted to leave the gherkins out because you think your kids won’t eat them. the gherkins are what makes this salad a superstar dish.
- This recipe was created by Ella Walsh for Kidspot, New Zealand’s best recipe finder.