These avocados are stuffed with a delicious tangy avocado smash that is studded with bacon, grape tomatoes and feta. Serve as a starter, at brunch or just as a snack.
- 3 avocados, halved with seeds removed
- 4 slices middles rasher bacon, cooked and chopped
- 2 slices sourdough bread, toasted and cubed
- 1 punnet grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 slab (100g) Danish feta, crumbled
- 1/2 cup basil leaves, shredded
- juice of 1 lemon
- 2 tbsp olive oil + more for drizzling
- salt and pepper
Step 1. Scoop avocado from 3 halves into a medium-sized bowl.
Step 2. Add bacon, cubed bread, tomatoes, feta and basil to the bowl.
Step 3. Toss mixture together gently with lemon juice, olive oil and seasoning.
Step 4. Scoop mixture into remaining avocado halves and drizzle with olive oil and season. Serve.
- There is going to be a lot of leftover avocado smash in this recipe as it won’t all fit in those three avocado halves.
- This is also delicious on toasted sourdough, crackers and even heaped on al dente pasta.
- You can omit the bacon for a great vegetarian dish.
- You can swap out the avocado for prawns or even try this Avocado and prawn salad.
- If you are looking for an avocado dip this Avocado salsa dip with corn chips is a delicious snack.
- If you like it spicy then this Avocado sweet chilli dip goes perfectly with crackers and crudites.
- If you prefer a smooth, mild dip then this Creamy avocado and yoghurt dip is perfect for young sensitive tastebuds.
- Pasta is the perfect partner with avocado and this Creamy avocado and chicken pasta is easy peasy!
- Toasties are the ultimate comfort food and these Bacon, cheese and avocado melts are delicious.
- This Poached chicken and avocado salad is a lovely summertime lunch.
- Wrapping it up for lunch is easy and these Chicken, lime and avocado tortillas can be eaten hot or cold.
- If you are looking for a baby avocado recipe then try this Banana and avocado puree and Avocado chocolate pudding.
- This recipe was created by Jennifer Cheung for Kidspot, New Zealand’s best recipe finder.