Baked eggs with beans
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tsp smoked paprika (regular will be fine!)
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tin (400g) four bean mix
- 1 tin (400g) chick peas
- 1 tin (400g) diced tomatoes
- 2 eggs
- 2 pieces of toast
- 1 fresh lime, for squeezing onto finished eggs
- fresh coriander
- chilli (optional)
Heat a small pan with a tablespoon of olive oil at medium heat. Add garlic and fry until fragrant, for about a minute. Add the paprika and the cumin. Stir well. Next, add the beans, the chickpeas and tomatoes. Cook for 10 minutes.
Using the back of a soup ladle, press a hollow into the mix to place the eggs. Crack the eggs into a cup and then slide from the cup into the hollows created by the spoon.
Cover the pan and cook gently until eggs are cooked.
Serve with toast, salt and pepper, a squeeze of lime, and fresh coriander and chilli.
Find more breakfast recipes
- Banana and honey porridge
- Basic pancakes
- Big breakfast
- Bull's eye egg
- Fluffy cheese omelette
- Breakfast burritos
- Golden brunch puffs
- Baked cinnamon apple porridge
- Homemade crumpets
- Almond croissants
- Bacon and egg muffins
- Lemon butter
- Apple & hazelnut bircher muesli
- Regular paprika is fine if you can’t find the smokey kind.
- Sliding the eggs from a cup ensures that you aren’t sliding a rotten egg into your beautiful bean mix.
- This recipe was created by Ruth Bruten of GourmetGirlfriend. You can follow her on Pinterest or visit her on Facebook.