Baked salmon with leek and fennel
- 2 leeks
- 2 fennel bulbs
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 500g salmon fillet, pin-boned
- 1/4 cup (125ml) white wine
Preheat oven to 190°C (170°C fan-forced).
Wash leeks well. Cut into three or four pieces then halve lengthwise. Cut fennel into wedges. Place vegetables in a large baking tray, toss in olive oil and season well.
Bake for 30 minutes. Remove from oven and place salmon fillet skin side down on top of vegetables. Pour over wine. Return to oven and bake for a further 15 minutes.
Divide salmon into four portions. Serve with baked vegetables, steamed green beans and lemon wedges.
Find more fish recipes
- Beer batter fish
- Easy crumbed fish
- Exotic fish finger rolls
- Fish and chips
- Fish cakes
- Fish cakes with sweet chilli mayo
- Fish in foil
- Healthy fish and chips
- Healthy fish fingers
- Lemony fish bites
- Seafood risotto
- Thai fish cakes
- This recipe would work well with most fish types, but adjust the cooking time depending on the size and thickness of the fillets.
- Replace wine with fish stock or water if you prefer.
- Recipe by Greer Worsley, who blogs at Typically Red.