Baked sausages and butterbeans
- 1 brown onion, sliced
- 6 large pork and fennel sausages
- 2 capsicums, sliced
- 2 x tins (400g) butterbeans, drained
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp thyme leaves
- 1 x tin (400g) chopped tomatoes
- parsley, to serve
Preheat the oven to 180°C or 160 fan-forced. Place the onions, sausages and capsicums in a non-stick roasting tray and then put it in the oven for 20 minutes.
Remove the sausages from the pan and toss through butterbeans, garlic, thyme and tomatoes plus 3/4 cup of hot water (more if the mixture looks at all dry). Return sausages to the top of the mixture, cover with foil and pop the tray back into the oven for another 20 minutes.
Remove foil and cook for a final 10 minutes. Sprinkle with parsley and serve.
Find related sausage recipes
- Bangers and mash
- Chevaps and roasted vegetable salad
- Creamy curried sausages
- Garlic mushrooms, tomatoes and chipolatas
- Sausage and beef casserole
- Sausage and mushroom pasta
- The result is a homely dish that tastes amazing and needs only a simple salad, a chunk of good parmesan cheese and some nice bread for everyone to hack away at.
- This recipe was created by Sophie Hansen for Kidspot, New Zealand’s best recipe finder.