- 2 cups self raising flour
- half a cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup (80mL) vegetable oil
- 1 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup mashed banana (2 large)
- 12 pecan halves (optional)
Preheat oven to 180C. Grease a 12 hole muffin pan or line with paper cases. Sift flour into a large bowl of an electric mixer. Add sugar and beat briefly to combine.
In a glass measuring jug, pour in milk (up to 1 cup), oil (up to 1 1/3 cups) and add eggs, whisk to combine. Pour milk mix and bananas into dry ingredients, beat with until just combined.
Spoon into muffin pans and top with a pecan half (if using) and bake for 15 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean.
Cool slightly, then place on rack to cool completely.
- This is a great basic recipe for banana muffins. Add half a cup choc chips, macadamias or pecans to the mixture for variation.
- Make these for a special Valentine Day weekend breakfast or as lunchbox fillers for the coming week.