BBQ asparagus wrapped in prosciutto with whipped feta sauce
- 12 asparagus spears
- 12 slice prosciutto
- 80 g feta
- 80 g cream cheese
- 2 tbs cream
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 1 tbs chives (chopped)
- freshly cracked pepper
Wash asparagus and trim woody ends.
Wrap each asparagus spear in a slice of prosciutto, pressing firmly to seal ends.
To make sauce, whip feta and creamed cheese in a food processor until soft. With the motor running, add cream gradually until you have a dipping consistency. Quickly blitz in lemon zest, chives and pepper. Scoop out into a small serving bowl.
Heat a grill or barbecue over high heat. Brush with a little olive oil if necessary. Cook prosciutto-wrapped asparagus for approximately 7 minutes, turning often, until asparagus is tender. Serve with whipped feta on the side for dipping.
Related Christmas recipes:
- Christmas-style coleslaw
- Christmas burgers with the lot
- Easy Christmas turkey
- Simple Christmas terrine
- Glazed baked ham
- Cranberry, prosciutto and pistacho stuffing
- Christmas ham
- Christmas tree biscuits
- Christmas pastry wreaths
- Sneaky mini Christmas puddings
- Easy Christmas pudding ice-cream
- Christmas cookies
- Christmas cupcakes with butter frosting
- Boiled Christmas pudding with brandy custard
- A good way to trim asparagus is to hold it with both hands near the end and bend it until the stalk snaps.
- Cooking times will vary depending on the thickness of the asparagus. This recipe is more suited to a medium stalk rather than very thin or thick.
- If prosciutto slices are very long, you could use half a slice for each spear.
- Choose a creamy feta rather than a hard crumbly one.
- The feta sauce is very salty so be careful to taste before adding extra seasoning.
- This recipe was created by Greer Worsley for Kidspot.