- 650 g beetroot (peeled, thinly sliced)
- olive oil spray
Heat oven to 155°C (135°C fan-forced). Line 2 baking trays with baking paper and spray lightly with oil spray.
Peel beetroot and slice as thinly as possible (about 1-2mm) – I use a mandolin.
Lay out beetroot on the baking trays, spray lightly with oil and season with salt and pepper.
Bake in the oven for 2 hours (it’s good to open the oven every now and then to let the steam out).
Do keep an eye on the beetroot as the cooking time will depend on your oven and the juiciness of the beetroot – you’re looking for darker, crispy edges.
Turn the oven off and allow the chips to cool completely – this is when they crisp up. Store in an airtight container for up to five days.
Find related 2 ingredient recipes
- 2 ingredient ice cream
- 2 ingredient macaroons
- 2 ingredient Nutella cake
- 2 ingredient pancakes
- 2 ingredient white chocolate mousse
- 2 ingredient chocolate fudge
- These are fantastic as crackers (low fat, big on vitamins) smeared with a little goats’ cheese or light feta or any cheese for that matter.
- I strongly suggest wearing disposable kitchen gloves for peeling beetroot as it can stain your hands for days!
- This recipe was created by Jay Rogers for Kidspot, New Zealand’s best recipe finder.