- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1kg beef mince
- 1 onion, diced
- 4 tsp minced garlic
- 1 jar tomato paste(400g)
- 2 tins diced tomatoes
- 3 bay leaves
- 1 cup red wine
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 2 tbsp Italian herbs mix
In a heavy frypan, heat the olive oil and saute the beef mince until brown. Add onion and garlic and fry for 3 mins.
Add tomato paste and cook for 2 mins. Pour in red wine and cook for a further 2 mins continually stirring.
Add the rest of the ingredients.)
Put a lid on the frypan and simmer for 20 minutes. Add a little water if it needs thinning.
- Penne lasagne
- Open lasagne
- Spinach and pumpkin lasagne
- Taco lasagne
- Vegetarian lasagne
- Pasta bits with cherry tomatoes and pesto
- Tuna dip
- Veggie sticks with dip
- White bean dip
- This is a great basic recipe for Bolognaise sauce that you can use to make lasagne, nachos, chilli and a whole lot of other recipes.
- You can hide other vegetables in this recipe such as grated zucchini and carrots.
- Slow simmering gives this recpe a nice depth of flavour so don’t be afraid to cook it for longer.
- This recipe was created by Jennifer Cheung for Kidspot, New Zealand’s best recipe finder.