Chargrilled beef and capsicum fajitas
- 1 tbsp garlic pepper seasoning
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 500g beef rump steak
- 1 large red capsicum, sliced
- 1 large yellow capsicum, sliced
- 1 large green capsicum, sliced
- 1 red onion, cut into thin wedges
- 1/3 cup fresh coriander leaves
- 8 flour tortillas, warmed
- Light sour cream and lime wedges, to serve
Combine the garlic pepper seasoning and 1 tablespoon oil in a bowl. Rub
over steak. Preheat barbecue chargrill and plate on high. Cook steak on chargrill for 3 to 4 minutes each side for medium or until cooked to your liking. Transfer to a plate. Cover loosely with foil. Stand for 5 minutes. Thickly slice.
Drizzle remaining oil over barbecue plate. Add capsicum and onion. Cook, tossing, for 5 minutes or until browned and tender.
Divide steak, capsicum mixture and coriander leaves between tortillas.
Fold tortillas over to enclose filling. Serve with light sour cream and lime wedges.
- Resting the beef will ensure that the juices are retained.
- NUTRITION: (per serve) 2505kJ; 24.6g fat; 8.5g sat fat; 37.1g protein; 53.1g carbs; 4.4g fibre; 92mg chol; 877mg sodium.
- This recipe originally appeared in Super Food Ideas. Recipes Amira Georgy Photography Craig Wall