Chicken larb in lettuce cups
- 1 tbs vegetable oil
- 1 bunch coriander
- 2 tsp ginger (finely chopped)
- 2 garlic clove (finely chopped)
- 2 spring onion (finely chopped)
- 500 g chicken breast (minced)
- 1 carrot (grated)
- 2 tbs sweet chilli sauce
- 1 tbs fish sauce
- 2 lime (juiced)
- 1 iceberg lettuce
Heat the oil in a wok over high. Chop three coriander stalks very finely and throw into the wok with the ginger, garlic and spring onions.
Cook, stirring often, for a couple of minutes before adding the chicken mince and carrot. Stir to break up the mince.
After about 5 minutes, the mince should be cooked through. Add the sweet chilli sauce, fish sauce and lime juice and toss well.
Remove from heat. Separate the lettuce leaves and serve the larb in a big bowl, letting everyone build their own larb cups.
Find related thai recipes
- Thai beef salad with nam jim
- Beef skewers with peanut sauce
- Chicken cashew and hokkien noodle stir fry
- Chilli beef with choy sum
- Thai barbecued chicken recipe
- Thai chicken rice paper rolls
- Thai fish cakes
- Thai lentil and garlic soup
- Thai pumpkin soup
- Thai roasted tofu with ginger, basil and chilli vegetables
- Thai style beef salad
- Thai vegetable curry
- This isn’t a traditional or authentic larb recipe but does combine some of the key flavours of a true larb in one very quick little recipe.
- If you can’t get chicken mince, try turkey mince instead.
- This recipe was created by Sophie Hansen for Kidspot, New Zealand’s best recipe finder.