Chicken mayo nori rolls
- 1 cup BBQ chicken (finely chopped)
- 3 tbs Japanese mayonnaise
- 1 tbs fresh mixed herbs (chopped)
- 1 sheet sushi nori seaweed
- 1/2 carrot (julienned)
- 1/2 Lebanese cucumber (julienned)
- 1/2 avocado (sliced into strips)
- 30 g baby spinach
Combine finely chopped chicken with mayonnaise and herbs. Season well with salt and pepper.
Place a nori sheet shiny side down on a bamboo sushi rolling mat. Spread half of the chicken in a thin layer along half of the nori.
Place vegetables evenly on top of the chicken.
Roll sushi, using the bamboo mat to press firmly. Brush edge of nori with water and continue rolling so that the edges seals shut. Slice sushi and place in lunch box.
More sushi recipes
- Crabmeat and avocado sushi
- DIY tuna sushi hand roll
- Hand-wrapped little sushi
- Salmon sushi
- Sushi rice
- Kewpie is a Japanese mayonnaise that comes in a squeezie bottle. It is available in the Japanese ingredients section of most supermarkets. You can substitute regular mayonnaise if you prefer.
- Use whatever vegetables you or your kids prefer in the filling. Capsicum, herbs such as mint or coriander, or lettuce would be perfect.
- If you haven’t rolled sushi before, it takes a little while to get the hang of it. There are usually instructions on the back of the nori sheet packet. You can also find some great video tutorials online.
- This recipe was created by Greer Worsley for Kidspot.