Chicken pasta salad
- 250g dry pasta, (preferably penne)
- 100g fresh green beans, with the ends trimmed and halved
- 150g skim plain yoghurt
- 1/4 cup canned tomato puree, (approx 60ml)
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 200g tomato, (preferably cherry), halved
- 1 cup canned chickpeas, rinsed, drained
- 300g BBQ chicken breast without skin, shredded
- 50g fresh rocket leaves
Cook pasta in a large saucepan of salted boiling water according to the packet instructions. Add green beans for the final 3 minutes and cook until tender.
Drain and rinse in cold water. Set aside.
Combine the yoghurt, tomato puree and soy sauce in a large bowl.
Add the pasta, beans, tomatoes, chickpeas and chicken and toss all together to combine.
Serve pasta salad topped with rocket leaves.
- To add extra fibre to this recipe, try using wholemeal pasta instead of plain.
- If you can’t find fresh green beans, frozen will work just as well. Just pop them into the boiling water still frozen.
- Later in the day, supermarkets tend to mark down their BBQ chickens. So why not grab a discounted chook to make this recipe for lunch the next day?
- This recipe was written by Weight Watchers as part of Kidspot.com.au's Positively Life Changing initiative.