Morning tea and birthday parties are often over-run with sweet treats. These chicken sandwiches provide an elegant savoury contrast!
- 8 slices fresh white bread
- 1½ cups cooked, diced or shredded chicken breast
- ½ cup whole-egg mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- 2 tablespoons sage, chopped
- cup of shredded lettuce (optional)
Combine chicken, mayonnaise and herbs, spread on four slices of bread.
- For chicken points, top with the remaining bread slices, slice the crusts off and cut each sandwich into four points (triangles).
- Or, for school lunches, add shredded lettuce, top with the remaining bread slices and cut in half whichever way your kid likes their sandwiches!
Recipe created by Melissa Hughes for Kidspot and adapted by Kidspot NZ.