Chocolate banana ice cream
- 4 bananas, peeled and sliced
- 1 tbsp smooth peanut butter
- 1 tbsp cocoa powder, sifted
Step 1. Place banana slices separated on a tray lined with baking paper.
Step 2. Freeze for 30 minutes or overnight.
Step 3. Remove from freezer and place in a food processor. Pulse a couple of times and then process until you have a creamy consistency. Add the peanut butter and cocoa and process again until combined.
Step 4. Serve immediately to keep that soft serve texture or place back into the freezer for a hard ice cream texture.
Find more frozen treat recipes:
- Chocolate ice cream pudding
- Homemade chunky monkey ice cream
- Homemade cookies and cream ice cream
- Frozen yoghurt pops
- Ice cream cookie crunch
- Angel ice-creams
- Frozen banana bites
- Strawberry ice cream
- Snickers hot fudge sundae
- Ice-cream sandwiches
- Bananas in Pyjamas
- Homemade chocolate paddlepops
- Frozen fruit slushies
- Please be extra careful about serving this ice cream to a crowd. It contains peanuts but they are barely evident in appearance or texture.
- You can also use a blender or stick mixer for this recipe but be sure to work quickly so you have a nice creamy soft serve texture.
- This recipe was created by Jennifer Cheung for Kidspot, New Zealand’s best recipe finder.