Chorizo, kale and feta frittata
- 1/2 bunch kale
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 chorizo sausage, sliced
- 1/2 medium onion, sliced
- 6 eggs, lightly beaten
- 80g feta
Remove woody stems from kale and wash well. Blanch in boiling water for 2 minutes. Drain under cool water. Squeeze out as much liquid as possible then slice roughly.
Heat oil in a medium non-stick frypan. Cook chorizo for 3 minutes, turning often. Add onion and cook for a further 3 minutes, being careful not to brown too much. Add blanched kale and saute for a further minute. Season well.
Pour over beaten eggs and swirl pan to evenly coat. Cook for 3 minutes until eggs are almost completely set. Crumble feta cheese over the top then place the frypan under a grill for 1-2 minutes to finish cooking the eggs.
Serve in wedges with a green salad and crusty bread.
Find related frittata recipes
- Baby bacon and spinach frittatas
- Ham frittata
- Chorizo and potato frittata
- Leek, zucchini and cheese frittata
- Mini frittata
- Mushroom and spinach frittata
- Pea and asparagus frittata
- Roast vegetable frittata
- Spring frittata
- Sweet potato frittata
- Chorizo sausages are available in the supermarket or deli. Choose mild or spicy, depending on your taste.
- Replace kale with silver beet or English spinach.
- This recipe was created for Kidspot, New Zealand’s best recipe finder by Greer Worsley, who blogs at Typically Red.