- 500g wedge green cabbage
- 350g purple or red cabbage
- 1 carrot, grated
- Mustard dressing:
- 1 tablespoon wholegrain mustard
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
Finely slice cabbage and place in a large salad bowl. Add grated carrot.
To make dressing, combine all ingredients in a glass jar with a screw top lid and shake well.
Toss dressing through salad just before serving.
- An easy to prepare and tasty salad that will feed the Christmas-day horde. And look at all the pretty colours of Christmas in the salad bowl!
- I used my vegetable peeler to ‘grate’ the carrot into nice long strips.
- The salad can be made hours in advance, kept covered in the fridge, with the dressing added just before serving.