Easy chicken noodle soup
- 4 cups (1L) stock
- 4 cups (1L) water
- 2 leeks (white part only), finely sliced
- 2 large garlic cloves, peeled and bruised
- 2 tsp freshly grated ginger
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 cloves
- 400g skinless chicken breast, finely sliced
- 150g wholegrain pasta/noodles, broken into pieces
- 50g spinach leaves, sliced
Add stock, water, leeks, garlic, ginger, bay leaves and cloves to a medium saucepan and bring to the boil.
Reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
Add chicken and noodles, bring back up to a simmer and cook for 8 minutes until noodles are soft and cooked through.
Add spinach leaves 2 minutes before the end to soften in the soup.
Discard bay leaves, cloves and garlic cloves and serve.
Find related soup recipes
- Chicken noodle soup
- Curried lentil soup
- Thai pumpkin soup recipe
- Potato and leek soup
- Curtis Stone's chorizo and chick pea soup
- Katie's chicken soup recipe
- Baby carrot soup
- Pick-me-up spicy lentil soup
- Bacon, potato and cheese soup
- Homemade chicken soup
- Pumpkin and cumin soup recipe
- Pumpkin soup
- Red lentil and pumpkin soup recipe
- If you don’t have two leeks, use a combination of leeks, spring onions and/or onions.
- Bruising the garlic gives off a mild garlicky flavour as opposed to strong garlic knockouts that would keep the most serious of vampires away. To bruise a clove, just press down firmly with the flat part of a knife to squish it. Don’t worry if it breaks apart, you can scoop out the bits regardless.
- This recipe was created by Jay Rogers for Kidspot, New Zealand's best recipe finder. You can follow Jay at The Moodie Foodie and on Facebook, Twitter or Pinterest.