Easy mango coconut granita
- 2 cups (500ml) mango nectar
- 1/2 tsp coconut essence
- 1/4 cup (60ml) light coconut milk
Mix ingredients together and pour into a shallow 20cm x 30cm metal pan and freeze for 2 hours.
Remove from the freezer, then break up the mixture by scraping it with a fork. Pop back in the freezer for another hour.
Break up mixture again with a fork and freeze for a further hour. Repeat process every 30 minutes until granita is frozen into fluffy crystals (it should take a further 1 hour).
Once the granita is done, cover it with plastic wrap and give a final fluffing before you serve it.
Find more frozen treat recipes:
- Chocolate ice cream pudding
- Homemade chunky monkey ice cream
- Homemade cookies and cream ice cream
- Ice cream cookie crunch
- Angel ice-creams
- Strawberry ice cream
- Snickers hot fudge sundae
- Ice-cream sandwiches
- Bananas in Pyjamas
- Homemade chocolate paddlepops
- Frozen fruit slushies
- I use tinned mango (425g tin blended) when I don't have mango nectar.
- You can make this recipe one or two days before you need it – just place the granita in a plastic container with a lid and fluff it up before serving.
- For an adults-only special treat, put some granita into a martini glass and pour over a nip of coconut liqueur, such as Malibu.
- This recipe was created by Jay Rogers for Kidspot, New Zealand's best recipe finder. You can follow Jay at The Moodie Foodie and on Facebook, Twitter or Pinterest.