Easy Mexican baked potatoes
- 4 potato (large)
- spray olive oil spray
- 4 tsp onion powder
- 4 tsp garlic powder
- 4 tbs 50% less-fat cheddar cheese (grated)
- 1 corncob (kernels removed)
- 2 tomato (large, chopped)
- 1 red onion (small, finely chopped)
- 1/2 avocado (medium, chopped)
- 1 tbs coriander (finely chopped)
- 1 lime (juiced)
- 1 tsp tabasco sauce
- 8 tsp light sour cream
Heat grill to medium.
Pierce each potato with a sharp knife and place in the microwave for 7-9 minutes, turning every 3 minutes or so.
Cut potatoes in half and then cut little squares into the potato flesh.
Place potatoes on an oven tray lined with baking paper and spray lightly with oil. Sprinkle over onion and garlic powders and cheese. Place under the grill for 15-20 minutes until golden.
Place corn kernels in a small saucepan and cover with cold water. Bring to the boil and boil for 3 minutes. Drain and cool in some icy water before draining again and patting dry.
Mix corn with tomatoes, onion, avocado, coriander, lime juice and tabasco. Season with salt and pepper.
Serve tomato salsa on top of potatoes with a dollop of light sour cream.
Find related potato recipes
- Easy corn fritters
- Potato and zucchini fritters
- Veggie fritters
- Cheesy potato bake
- Crispy pan fried potatoes
- Cheesy potato cakes
- Potato gratin
- Potato patties
- Potato pancakes
- Parsley potatoes
- Stuffed potatoes
- Chorizo and potato frittata
- Hassleback potatoes
- I use 50 percent reduced-fat tasty and grate it with an extra fine grater so it’s really fine.
- If you want to make it even healthier, use sweet potato as it has a lower GI.
- This recipe was created by Jay Rogers for Kidspot, New Zealand’s best recipe finder