Easy peanut brittle
- 375g unsalted peanuts
- 4 cups (880g) caster sugar
- 2 cups (500ml) water
- 150g butter, chilled and cubed
Step 1.Line 2 slice trays (28 x 18cm) with baking paper. Spread half of the peanuts in each tray and set aside.
Step 2. Place the castor sugar and water in a heavy-based saucepan over a medium heat and whisk together until the sugar is dissolved. Bring to the boil and continue to boil for 25 minutes until the sugar mixture is a light golden brown.
Step 3. Use a wet pastry brush to brush down the sides of the pan and then remove from heat and quickly whisk in butter.
Step 4. Pour half of the mixture into each tray and rotate so all of the peanuts are covered. Leave to set. Break into shards and serve.
Find more delicious sweet recipes:
- Coconut ice
- Toffee apples
- Marbled chocolates
- Big freckles
- Mars bar popcorn
- Chocolate truffles
- Melissa's Rocky Road
- Caramel fudge
- I like to give the baking paper a spray with canola oil so it doesn’t stick at all.
- If you have macadamia nuts they can be used as a luxurious substitution for the peanuts.
- This recipe was created by Jennifer Cheung for Kidspot, New Zealand’s best recipe finder.