Golf balls with pasta and tomato sauce
- 500g turkey mince
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- half a cup fresh breadcrumbs (gluten-free)
- half a cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 egg
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 400g can diced tomatoes
- 500g dried pasta (gluten-free)
- freshly grated parmesan, to serve
In a large bowl combine mince, garlic, breadcrumbs, parmesan, milk, egg, salt and pepper.
Mix until well combined and shape into golf-size balls.
Place on a plate, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
In a large non-stick frypan, heat the oil over medium high heat.
Place meatballs in frypan and allow to brown for about 3 minutes.
Turn meatballs (carefully) and brown other side.
Continue to cook until all sides are golden brown, about 10 minutes total.
Add the diced tomatoes and use about half a cup of water to rinse out the can and add to the frypan.
Lower heat and allow to simmer for 5-10 minutes.
Bring a large pot of water to the boil.
Cook pasta according to packet directions until al dente.
Remove meatballs from sauce and place in a bowl.
Drain pasta and return to pot, pour in tomato sauce and toss pasta to coat well.
Serve pasta in individual bowls, topped with about 5 meatballs and parmesan.
- I made these meatballs the night before and refrigerated them overnight.
- Makes dinner very easy the next night.
- A whole packet of pasta is too much for our family to eat in one sitting, pasta isnt great reheated, but whos complaining if it gives you more time to re-enact Sleeping Beauty.
- I make this meal gluten-free using gluten-free bread in the meatballs and gluten-free pasta.
- Recipe created by Melissa Hughes for Kidspot.