Enjoy these tasty haloumi and silverbeet fritters on their own or pop them into a bun with some salad for a great veggie burger alternative.
- 180g haloumi, coarsely grated
- 2 cups silverbeet, finely shredded
- 1 tbsp mint, chopped
- 1 lemon, zest
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup plain flour
- 40ml (2 tbsp) olive oil
In a large bowl, combine haloumi, silverbeet, mint, lemon zest, eggs and flour. Season well.
Heat olive oil in a large fry pan over medium heat. Scoop 1/4-cup serves into fry pan, flatten slightly and fry for 2-3 minutes on each side until golden. Remove to a plate lined with absorbent paper towel.
Serve with lemon wedges.
- To prepare silver beet, wash well, remove stalks then roll leaves tightly and slice very finely.
- English or baby spinach would be a good alternative to the silverbeet.
- Recipe by Greer Worsley, a working mum whose desire to make and bake things has grown in inverse proportion to the amount of spare time she has since her three gorgeous girls came along. Her blog is typically red.