Healthy caramel dip
- 1/2 cup Macadamia nuts, soaked for a few hours
- 1/2 cup dates, pitted and soaked for a few hours
- 2 tbsp water
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 tsp vanilla paste
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
Drain then rinse nuts and dates then tip into a food processor or blender. Add remaining ingredients and blitz until smooth.
Transfer to an airtight container or jar and keep in the fridge for no more than two weeks.
Serve with a little plate of thinly sliced apples and pears.
Find related caramel recipes
- Banana pancakes with caramel sauce
- Caramel and pear self-saucing pudding
- Caramel banana frozen yoghurt
- Caramel coconut slice
- Caramel peach crumble
- Caramel sauce
- Caramel swirl cake
- Caramelised pears
- Swap half of the macadamias with almonds for extra flavour!
- Serve this for dessert with a few toasted nuts and fresh dates too.
- Spread over wholemeal banana bread for a yummy caramel snack.
- This recipe was created by Sophie Hansen for Kidspot, New Zealand