Healthy strawberry no-bake cheesecake slice
- 2 tbsp honey
- 50g light margarine
- 100g (12 biscuits) Arnott’s Shredded Wheatmeal biscuits
- 4 tsp gelatine
- 200g fresh strawberries, hulled
- 1/2 cup (100g) caster sugar
- 220g extra light cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 cup (250ml) light evaporated milk
- 2 tsp strawberry essence
Line a square 20cm baking tray with baking paper.
Melt honey and margarine.
In a food processor or blender, add wheatmeal biscuits and pulse until the mixture resembles breadcrumbs. Add melted honey and margarine and pulse again until well combined.
Pour crumb mixture over bottom of lined baking tray and press until firm and even. Place in the fridge to set while you prepare the remaining ingredients.
Dissolve gelatine in 4 tbsp boiling water – mix well to dissolve and allow to cool.
In a clean food processor or blender, add strawberries and sugar and process until smooth.
Using an electric beater, beat cream cheese and strawberry mixture until smooth. Add evaporated milk and strawberry essence. Beat again until smooth. Add gelatine mixture and mix well to combine.
Pour over the biscuit base. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight.
Find more cheesecake recipes:
- Bistro-style baked cheesecake
- Cherry ripe cheesecake
- No-bake cheesecake
- Lemon cheescake slice
- Mini cheescakes
- 3 ingredient chocolate cheesecake
- Use any biscuits you like for the base. I use the shredded wheatmeal because they’re high in fibre and low in sugar and fat.
- Always use fresh, rather than frozen, strawberries for this recipe.
- You can swap out the strawberries for raspberries if you prefer. If you do, you'll also need to change the strawberry essence to raspberry if you can get it.
- This recipe was created by Jay Rogers for Kidspot, New Zealand's best recipe finder. You can follow Jay at The Moodie Foodie and on Facebook, Twitter or Pinterest.