Herbed lamb chops
- 8 lamb cutlets or lamb loin chops
- 8 tsps Gourmet Garden Roast Seasoning (tube)
- herb seasoning
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tbsp thyme, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp parsley finely chopped
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- salt and pepper
Remove the lamb from the fridge and bring to room temperature before cooking. Rub both sides of each piece with the herb seasoning or, alternately, combine all the fresh herb seasoning ingredients in a bowl and spread on both sides of the lamb.
Heat a grill pan to medium-high heat and cook the seasoned chops for 2-3 minutes each side.
Place on a plate and cover to keep warm. Serve with Colcannon and Honeyed sesame carrots.
- If you have fresh herbs in your garden you can make a lovely herb seasoning for these chops but using a ready-made seasoning is great shortcut when you are in a hurry.
- I have included two cuts of lamb with this recipe as cutlets are quite pricy and lamb loin chops are just as tasty and kept moist with that layer of fat around the eye.
- Lamb tastes best when it still a little pink in the centre. Try not to overcook it or will become dry.
- Bringing the lamb to room temperature is important for the cooking time and will give you a better result when cooking meat. About 20 minutes is enough time out of the fridge to bring it to room temperature.
- This recipe was created by Jennifer Cheung for Kidspot, New Zealand’s best recipe finder.