Honey and balsamic glazed sausages
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 6 sausages
- 1/4 cup (45g) brown sugar
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp honey
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 sprig rosemary
Heat oil in a medium frypan. Brown sausages on all sides for 12 minutes until almost cooked.
Meanwhile, combine sugar, balsamic, honey and mustard in a small saucepan. Bring to the boil then remove from heat and set aside.
Remove sausages from pan and drain off any fat. Return sausages to pan over a medium heat and pour over glaze. Add rosemary. Simmer gently for 2 minutes, shaking pan and spooning glaze over the sausages, until they are cooked and well-coated.
Serve with mashed potato and salad with extra glaze drizzled over the top.
Find related sausage recipes
- Bangers and mash
- Chevaps and roasted vegetable salad
- Creamy curried sausages
- Curried sausages
- Italian sausage and rocket penne
- Garlic mushrooms, tomatoes and chipolatas
- Sausage and beef casserole
- Sausage and mushroom pasta
- Sausage bake
- Sausage hotpot
- Sausage salad
- Sausages with spiralli
- Tomatoey chipolatas with polenta
- Yummy curried sausages
- Use any kind of sausages but thick ones are best.
- Be careful when you add the glaze to the frypan – it tends to sizzle and spit.
- Recipe by Greer Worsley, who blogs atåÊTypically Red.