Melted ice cream cake
- 1 pkt (470g) vanilla cake mix
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 cups melted ice cream
Step 1. Grease and flour a round 20cm cake pan and set aside.
Step 2. Place cake mix into a mixing bowl with the eggs and beat slowly, gradually adding the melted ice cream until well combined. Mix on high for 3-4 minutes.
Step 3. Pour mixture into cake tin.
Step 4. Bake for 35-40 minutes or until a skewer pushed into the centre comes out clean.
- The cake part of this recipe has just three ingredients and is so easy to make even the kids can make it.
- The cake it makes has a fine crumb and we have drizzled it with a mixture of icing sugar mixture and orange juice.
- Be careful with dairy that has been left out of the fridge or freezer for extended periods of time – it can contain harmful bacteria. We recommend if you are melting ice cream specifically for this recipe to do it in the refrigerator.
- You can make your favourite flavoured icing but we have opted for a simple drizzle.
- If you really love a simple recipe then this 3 ingredient apple Danish has a crisp outer crust and a deliciously fruity inside.
- If you prefer a biscuit with crunch then try these 3 ingredient almond biscuits. They are perfect with a cup of tea.
- If the kids are due home soon and you don't know what to make as a snack then try these 3 ingredient biscuits for a quick afternoon snack.
- If you love chocolate then this 3 ingredient Oreo dessert will be perfect for you. It's not kilojoule free but it is delicious.
- You can try these 3 ingredient Nutella croissants. They are all flake-y pastry on the outside with a deliciously warm Nutella filling on the inside.
- If tangy is your thing then you can try this 3 ingredient pineapple cake. It is a stir and bake cake that couldn't be easier.
- You can make 3 ingredient fruit cake with the fruit juice of your choice and it lasts a long time on the shelf … but will disappear because it is so nice with a cup of tea.
- If you don't have time to bake then you can try these 3 ingredient lemon tarts. They are great to take along to a party when you are pushed for time.
- This recipe was created by Jennifer Cheung for Kidspot, New Zealand's best recipe finder.