Mini hot dogs
- 6 bake-at-home mini rolls
- 6 skinless cocktail frankfurters
- half a cup grated cheese
- tomato sauce, to serve
- Preheat oven to 220C.
- Place frankfurters in a saucepan of water, simmer for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile place rolls on a tray and bake in the oven for 5 minutes until starting to turn golden brown.
- Split rolls in half, fill with some cheese and push in a frankfurter.
- Repeat with remaining rolls and dogs.
- Serve on a large plate with tomato sauce.
- I think cocktail frankfurters in general are foul and disgusting, but the kids seem to like them
- This makes a nice change from serving them in a bowl in the centre of the table (in a pool of cold water!)
- Recipe created by Melissa Hughes for Kidspot.