One pot sweet potato pasta
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 stick celery, finely chopped
- 1 carrot, finely chopped
- 1 brown onion, finely chopped
- 1 tin (400g) diced tomatoes
- 1.5L hot water
- 1 sweet potato, peeled and diced into 1cm cubes
- 1 1/2 cups small pasta shapes
- parmesan and parsley, to serve
Heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium heat.
Add the garlic, celery, carrot and onion and cook, stirring regularly until the onion is soft and translucent.
Add the tomatoes, water and sweet potatoes to the pan, cover and cook until the sweet potatoes are almost tender, about 30 minutes.
Add the pasta and cook for another 10 minutes or until the pasta is al dente.
Remove from heat, season to taste and serve in big bowls with the parmesan and parsley.
More pasta recipes:
- Chorizo pasta
- Bacon and bean fettucine
- Curtis Stone's fettucine bolognaise
- Ear pasta with peas and bacon
- Chicken lasagne
- Sage butter ravioli
- Light spaghetti carbonara
- Pork and fennel meatball pasta
- You can add a sprinkle of salt to the pan when cooking the garlic, celery, carrot and onion to prevent them burning.
- You can swap the sweet potato for pumpkin if you prefer.
- This recipe was created by Sophie Hansen for Kidspot, New Zealand's best recipe finder: You can follow Sophie on Local is Lovely, Facebook, Twitter or Pinterest.