Pasta e patate
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 2 garlic clove (finely chopped)
- 1 celery stick (finely chopped)
- 1 carrot (finely chopped)
- 1 onion (finely chopped)
- 400 g canned tomatoes
- 1 1/2 l water (hot)
- 1 sweet potato (peeled, diced)
- 1 1/2 cup pasta shapes (small)
- 2 tbs parmesan (*to serve)
- 1/2 cup parsley (chopped, *to serve)
Heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium. Add the garlic, celery, carrot and onion and cook, stirring regularly until the onion is soft and translucent.
Add the tomatoes, water and potatoes to the pan, cover and cook until the potatoes are almost tender, about 30 minutes.
Add the pasta and cook for another 10 minutes or until the pasta is al dente. Remove from heat, season to taste and serve in big bowls with the parmesan and parsley.
More pasta recipes:
- Chorizo pasta
- Fettuccine alfredo
- Lemon and garlic prawn pasta
- Roast pumpkin and feta pasta
- Ear pasta with bacon and peas
- Sage butter ravioli
- Any leftovers can be mixed with some cooked, shredded chicken, topped with breadcrumbs and grated cheese to make a hearty pasta bake dinner.
- Use any sort of small pasta shapes you fancy; risoni is nice as are rotini and ruote but equally, macaroni will do.
- This recipe was created by Sophie Hansen for Kidspot, New Zealand’s best recipe finder.