Pulled beef ragu
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 large onion, finely sliced
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 1½ tbsp red wine vinegar
- 2/3 cup beef stock
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- pinch of cinnamon (about ¼ tsp)
- 300g pulled beef (about 2 cups)
- 2 cups cooked pasta
- chopped parsley for garnish
Heat oil in a frying pan or medium saucepan and add onion with a pinch of salt.
Cook on low for 10-15 minutes until onions are soft and translucent.
Add remaining ingredients, except pasta, and bring to the boil.
Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
Serve on pasta and top with a sprinkling of parsley.
- Ragu is usually a slow cooked dish, but with the beef already slow cooked in gorgeous onions, garlic and herbs you’re most of the way there.
- This recipe was created by Jay Rogers for Kidspot, New Zealand’s best recipe finder.
More pasta recipes:
- Chorizo pasta
- Curtis Stone’s fettucine bolognaise
- Chicken lasagne
- Light spaghetti carbonara
- Pork and fennel meatball pasta