Quick salmon patties
- 1 onion
- 415g can of salmon
- 2 1/2 cups of homemade breadcrumbs
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- salt and pepper to taste
- 4 tbsp parsley, chopped finely
- oil for frying
Fry onion in a little oil, allow to cool.
Mix with salmon and 1 1/2 cups breadcrumbs, eggs, salt, pepper and parsley.
Shape into patties and coat in remaining breadcrumbs.
Fry in oil.
Serve with rice/homemade wedges and salad or veggies
- I used a 1/3 cup measure when making these patties to have them all the same size.
- You will need to watch these when frying. They need very little time in the pan and cook really fast.
- If you are trying to stretch the budget you could add 2 cups of mashed potato to this recipe.
- If you want to up the vegetable content I would add a 1/3 cup of corn kernals or chopped cooked beans.
- This recipe was created by Jennifer Cheung for Kidspot, New Zealand's best recipe finder.