Rocket and basil pesto
- 4 cups rocket leaves
- 1 cup basil leaves
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1 large clove garlic, crushed
- 1/4 cup (25g) coarsely grated parmesan cheese
- 3/4 cup pine nuts
- 1/2 cup (125ml ) olive oil
Wash the rocket leaves and basil and place in the food processor.
Add the lemon juice, garlic and parmesan and blend until finely chopped.
Add the pine nuts and olive oil to the processor and whizz until a chunky mix is formed.
Find more pesto recipes
- Basil pesto dip
- Chicken and pesto penne
- Chicken, pesto and tomato penne
- Grilled chicken with pesto
- Pesto and cheese scrolls
- Pesto and parmesan muffins
- Pesto chicken pasta
- Pesto chicken turnovers
- Pesto pasta pronto
- Spaghetti with pesto
- Tomato, risoni and pesto soup
- You can store unused pesto covered in the fridge for up to 1 week or freeze for up to 3 months, defrosting in the fridge.
- You can toast the pine nuts in a frying pan over low heat for a deeper flavour. Just make sure you keep gently shaking the pan so you don’t burn them.
- This recipe was created by Maxabella of Maxabella loves… Follow Maxabella on Facebook or Pinterest.