- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 onions, thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 4 carrots peeled and sliced
- 1 punnet grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 zuchini, quartered and thinly sliced
- 1 cup tomato paste
- 6 tsp beef stock
- 6 cups boiling water
- 625g fresh beef tortellini
- 4 tbsp fresh oregano, chopped
- 2 bay leaves, dried
- 2 cups baby spinach leaves
In a large soup pot, heat the oil and fry the onion until translucent.
Add the garlic, carrots, zucchini and tomatoes and cook for 3 minutes.
Add the boiling water, stock, bay leaves and oregano.
Return to the boil and pour in the tortellini.
Cook for 15 mins or until the tortellini is cooked.
Stir in the spinach leaves just before serving.
- This tastes great with a big grating of parmesan cheese just before serving.
- This is a soup as a meal dish and it’s really hearty.
- You can use your favourite type of tortellini or filled pasta.
- This recipe was created by Jennifer Cheung for Kidspot, New Zealand’s best recipe finder.