Shaking beef stir-fry
- 1 kg rump steak (beef)
- 6 clove garlic (crushed)
- 1/4 cup fish sauce
- 3 tbs brown sugar
- 1 lime (juiced)
- 2 tbs olive oil
Trim fat and sinew from steak and slice into 0.5cm strips.
Combine remaining ingredients in a non-metallic bowl.
Add steak to marinade, cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
Heat a wok over very high heat. Drain beef and cook in batches for 1 minute, stirring constantly, until sticky and charred.
Find related stir-fry recipes
- Beef and glass noodle stir-fry
- Chicken and basil stir-fry
- Chicken broccoli cashew stir-fry
- Chicken cashew and hokkien noodle stir-fry
- Chicken tofu and noodle stir-fry
- Chilli garlic beef stir-fry
- Easy chicken stir-fry with fresh ginger
- Fish and bok choy noodle stir-fry
- Tuna and veggie stir-fry
- Rump steak is a more economical alternative to fillet or sirloin, but you could use either depending on your budget.
- Avoid stewing cuts such as chuck or blade, as they won’t be as tender.
- Serve with rice and an Asian-style coleslaw or steamed greens on the side.