- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 500g minced beef
- 1 satchet Taco seasoning
- 4 cups water
- 1 tin (400g) red kidney beans
- 1 tin (400g) borlotti beans
- 1 tin (400g) corn kernals
- 2 tbsp Tabasco
Slow cooker taco soup
In a frying pan, heat the oil and brown the mince.
Add the Taco seasoning and cook for a few minutes. Pour in the 4 cups of water and mix well. Pour into slow cooker and add the beans, corn and Tabasco sauce.
Cook on high for 3 hours or low for 6 hours.
- You can double this recipe and it will fill the slow cooker to the brim. It’s great for parties or after footy snacks. I like to serve this with a generous grating of tasty cheese and a dollop of sour cream. You can also crunch up some corn chips and sprinkle them over.
- This recipe was created by Jennifer Cheung for Kidspot, New Zealand’s best recipe finder.
More recipes on Kidspot: