- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 chorizo sausages, sliced
- 3 carrots, chopped
- 1 sweet potato, chopped
- 2 sticks celery, sliced
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 tsp curry powder
- 6 cups chicken stock
Chorizo and sweet potato soup
In a medium sized pot, heat the oil and add the onion and chorizo slices. Fry for 2 minutes.
Add the carrots, celery, sweet potato, garlic and curry powder to the pot. Cook for 5 minutes, stirring continuously.
Pour the stock into the pot and bring to the boil. Simmer for 15 minutes until the vegetables are soft.
Liquidise using a blender or stick mixer until smooth.
- This soup is quite thick and hearty. You can add extra stock to thin the soup.
- Chargrilled sourdough bread is a delicious side for this soup.
- There is no need to neatly chop the ingredients in this soup, as they will all get blended in the end.
- This recipe was created by Jennifer Cheung for Kidspot, New Zealand’s best recipe finder.
More recipes on Kidspot: